On a personal note - March, 8
Our beautiful corner of the world has really taken a hit this week. The devastation of the floods in South East Queensland and Northern NSW - our community, is raw and real. Thankfully our team are safe and able to help, and we, like all, are tired and overwhelmed.
We have been working together as a team and individually donating our time, energy and financial support. There is a long road ahead of us. We are grateful for the support of you, our wider community. If you are wondering how you can help the Northern Rivers, our team has put together some resources and ideas of ways individuals can help.
Today is International Womens Day and we want to take this moment to recognise all of the victims, volunteers and kind souls within our community, male and female, who are lifting, nurturing and empowering each other to move through this.
Stay tuned for more information about ways that together we will help those in need.
Our hearts are breaking for the Queensland and New South Wales communities who have been impacted by the disastrous floods in the region.
Our team has put together some resources and ideas of ways individuals can help.
The communities in all of these regions have already all felt the affects from COVID-19, so this latest disaster is just another agonising hit to our community. We feel for the businesses and individuals who feel hopeless right now. If there is anything we can do, please reach out. We want to hear ways we can truly make a difference.
Amidst everything else going on in the world...
Updated March, 8
Make a Donation & Support QLD or NSW
How To Help Northern Rivers Locals
- Visit Bundjalung Community Flood Relief - by Koori Mail
- Sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/northern-rivers-nsw-emergency-disaster-flood-funding
- Donate needed items. Tinned food, blankets, sleeping bags, water and non-perishables seem to be the most important as of now.
- Donate your time to help clean up – the clean up will be one of the biggest things you can do to help as the community rebuilds.
- Donate a dry place to sleep to a family or community member in need.
- To care for and help injured wildlife after the flooding visit https://www.wires.org.au/
- Follow https://www.instagram.com/revivethenorthernrivers/
Please send us any recommendations of what else we should include in this resource list 🙏 We are all ears. Email email@example.com with the subject line FLOOD RELIEF
Emotional wellbeing and support links
- Beyond Blue - Support for anxiety, depression and suicide prevention
- Kids Helpline - Phone counselling service
- Lifeline Australia - Crisis support and suicide prevention
- MensLine Australia - Free help, support, referrals and counselling for men
- Headspace - National Youth Mental Health Foundation
- Rural & Remote Mental Health - Mental health awareness, suicide prevention and early intervention
- Relationships Australia - Counselling, family dispute resolution and community support and education